Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Changing Lanes: Managing Hearth & Career

Work, bonded Labour

At the outset of my career, there was one definitive feeling that I experienced the most, that of spending a large part of my life within the four walls of my office! I mean I had hardly got out of the organization that the day ended and I was to report once again after a tired, disturbed cycle of sleep! It almost felt that I was married to my desk, clattering away endless hours of work. Work, that seemed less as a form of worship and that more related to pure, unadulterated torture! I think now that at the beginning of each one’s career, all of us feel the same.

Marriage changed this completely

While getting married is a wonderful thing and every earthly soul who seeks to lead a normal life should get married, I also think that you need to give a really good thought in case you need to pursue it after marriage as well! For a lazy nut like me, marriage and the life after marriage within the office constraints made hell break lose! For a moment I thought I was over playing my game of tennis! (Or was that Badminton!)

Every moment, I was either dabbling with whoever served me first at the office canteen, or at home amidst the routine, (read as mundane and monotonous) household chores! I think every woman needs to first examine her life, go deep into introspection within herself and then take the plunge! Though many of us learn on the job and many of us are made to learn the hard way, although it may seem as an initial task to accomplish, it sure isn’t an easy way to manage both hearth and home!

My advise to all women out there is that if you’ve got courage (and I tell you, you need loads of it!) and the conviction to carry it through, you can manage both fronts and with great amount of efficacy. It’s more like learning MS Word, if you’ve mastered the basics, you can find your own short cuts in following through the course. Although there are certain natural calamities that also form a part of your way to success, the important task to remember is that you will succeed! Besides, another important and useful tip is to meditate.

How would that help, you ask? Well meditation does two things. One since you are into meditating you need to bear in mind the time when you do and stick to it for best results. And two, meditation relaxes you, makes your mind more fertile to feed in new data for additional planning of living life to the maximum.

Moreover, if you can manage the work front, you already know the method to control your emotions. And if a woman is known, as the one who is not ruled by her emotions, then you are the ‘girl in control’! Way to go ladies!!

By Prerna Salla



Bookmark and Share 

No comments:

Post a Comment